About the Organization
Zaytuna College, America’s first Muslim liberal arts college, aims to help integrate the study of Arabic and Islam into the Western canon. Our mission is to educate and prepare morally committed professional, intellectual, and spiritual leaders, who are grounded in the Islamic scholarly tradition and conversant with the cultural currents and critical ideas shaping modern society. We offer a Bachelor of Arts degree program in Islamic Law and Theology, as well as a popular six-week Summer Arabic Intensive program. We are located in Berkeley, California, in a historic building on “Holy Hill,” so named because it has the largest consortium of religious schools in America. We offer a friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment.
Personal Characteristics Desired
- A strong commitment to the Zaytuna College mission
- Ability to thrive in a faced-paced, entrepreneurial environment; comfortable with ambiguity and shifts in scope of duties
- Pro-active personality and willingness to lead change
- High ethical standards, professionalism and integrity
- Personal commitment to customer/donor service
- Collaborative approach and a “can do” attitude; willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to support team priorities
- Resourceful problem-solver who takes the initiative to identify and assist in resolving problems both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility
- Manage all aspects of the College’s fundraising events, from conceptualization to implementation. Duties include, but are not limited to: creating plans and timelines, researching and inviting honorees, invitations, sponsorships, and logistics and staffing plans. Coordinate with outside contractors, prepare and monitors invitations, secures facilities/space.
- Manage relationships with vendors including submission and review of bids; contract oversight; review of billings and payment of invoices; and performance monitoring. Researches new sources and solicits bids as needed.
- Provides reports and analysis of key event progress indicators.
- Assists in identification, cultivation and recruitment of event volunteer leadership and committees. Assures adequate volunteer resources for events; recruits, trains and supervises volunteers; handles acknowledgment of volunteers.
- Creates and monitors event budgets, handles necessary Finance review and approvals, oversees activities of vendors and contractors, reviews all billings and sees to timely payment of accounts receivable.
- With the VP Development, identifies prospects and secures sponsorships; handle sponsor relations, and sees to timely and accurate fulfillment of our agreements for recognition and benefits.
- Follows up on events as needed, including correspondence with sponsors, thanks to honorees and other participants, and recognition of volunteer leadership.
- Prepares regular progress reports, and gathers information necessary for final reports and analysis.
- Organizes post-event review and debriefing with participants and committees; based on these activities, prepares recommendations for subsequent events.
- Role will report to the Vice President of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, sales, or project management
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Work Status:
- Job Location:
- Berkeley, California
How to Apply
- Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
Be sure to include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.