Office Assistant to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs (20-30 hours per week)
The Office Assistant is responsible for serving the Office of Academic and Student Affairs by providing a welcoming environment to visitors, faculty, staff and students.
- Front-line greeter for all office visitors, in collaboration with the Office of Admissions. Respond to general inquiries and direct visitors to other staff as needed.
- Provide tours of the campuses to visitors requesting them, and manage the Visitation process (sign-in/out of visitors, name tags, etc.)
- Answer calls to the general line and notify appropriate staff of questions, issues
- Provide office support to faculty and staff as needed including copying, scanning, filing
- Physical spaces management in Hillegass, including the OASA reception area, supply room, storage room, student lounge/kitchen, including ordering supplies, coordinating payments from other offices for shared supplies, ensuring they are in clean and usable condition each day by establishing and enforcing cleaning policies & schedules, and following up with other staff as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Administrative Assistant to the VPASA and the Dean of Faculty
- Assist in organizing events for the OASA, including budget management, procurement, arrangements during the event, and volunteer coordination.
- Follow up on inquiries, contracts, and billing as requested.
- Minimum education of Associate’s degree or equivalent and at least 2 years of professional experience in administrative support, front-office reception, and event coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email etiquettes, and ability to learn new computer systems.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize work flow.
- Willingness to be a team player and adjust, with positive energy and enthusiasm, to the fast-paced life of a start-up institution.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience working with college students.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Work Status:
- Time Commitment:
- Monday – Thursday, 12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Job Location:
- Zaytuna College
How to Apply
- Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Three References
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
Be sure to include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.